Your search for the perfect vegan, dairy-free, egg-free bakery-style homemade chocolate chip cookies ends here!
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine or softened vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (about 1/4 tsp)
- 2/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips plus more for tops
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan margarine and brown sugar. Add milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet, stirring to form a dough. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Use scoop 5 tbsp of dough per cookie and flatten slightly into a disc shape, with a bit of extra dough piled in the middle. Repeat for other 2 cookies. Add some extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, until starting to turn golden brown. I like to broil on 500 F for another minute or two to get them perfectly dark golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before attempting to move. I just let mine cool completely on the pan.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 4 days or in the fridge up to 1 week.