These Oven-Baked Tofu Bites with Bang Bang Sauce are the perfect crispy snack for any occasion. Make these super easy oven-baked tofu bites for Meatless Monday as a quick appetizer, salad topper, or tasty weeknight dinner paired with some potato wedges.
These Oven-Baked Tofu Bites with Bang Bang Sauce were inspired by my suuuuuper popular Bang Bang Cauliflower recipe! However, cauliflower is not exactly a filling food. And although I loved the flavour of that recipe, I always wished it kept me full longer. Enter: tofu bites. High in protein, chewy and crispy on the outside, these bites are absolutely begging to be dunked in that creamy, spicy and sweet bang bang sauce! Plus, they’re baked in the oven! Meaning you can enjoy them and know they aren’t deep fried, despite how amazingly crispy and golden they are.
Tips for making crispy oven-baked tofu bites
These bites are best fresh out of the oven (or air fryer!) but they can be frozen and reheated too. In fact, I actually recommend making a double batch and freezing half for an even quicker weeknight dinner down the road. Its like store-bought frozen nuggets, but homemade and healthier :).
- Spray oil: I use a light olive oil in a spray can for the perfect way to get crispy nuggets without using an insane amount of oil! Simply spritz, bake, flip, spritz and bake again. Crispy, golden tofu bites without the greasiness!
- Press the tofu: To ensure the best flavour and texture, make sure you press the tofu well to remove excess moisture.
- Reheating: Simply place the tofu bites on a baking sheet or in an air fryer and bake or cook on 400 F for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Oven-Baked Tofu Bites with Bang Bang Sauce
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
These Oven-Baked Tofu Bites with creamy, spicy and sweet Bang Bang Sauce are the perfect crispy snack for any occasion.
- 12 oz block of firm tofu, pressed to remove excess water, then ripped into chunks (I did 15 chunks)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs or breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- spray oil, for spritzing
Bang Bang Sauce:
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spritz the tofu with some spray oil (or simply dip in some nondairy milk for a lower fat option). Dip each piece of tofu in the mixture to coat all sides. Place on the baking tray. Repeat with all the tofu.
- Spritz the tofu with spray oil, then bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip the tofu bites and spritz the other side with a bit more oil. Bake another 10-15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together bang bang sauce ingredients.
- Remove tofu from oven and serve immediately with bang bang sauce. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days or freezer up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes