These Oven-Baked Tofu Bites with creamy, spicy and sweet Bang Bang Sauce are the perfect crispy snack for any occasion.
- 12 oz block of firm tofu, pressed to remove excess water, then ripped into chunks (I did 15 chunks)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs or breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- spray oil, for spritzing
Bang Bang Sauce:
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spritz the tofu with some spray oil (or simply dip in some nondairy milk for a lower fat option). Dip each piece of tofu in the mixture to coat all sides. Place on the baking tray. Repeat with all the tofu.
- Spritz the tofu with spray oil, then bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip the tofu bites and spritz the other side with a bit more oil. Bake another 10-15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together bang bang sauce ingredients.
- Remove tofu from oven and serve immediately with bang bang sauce. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days or freezer up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes