Today I give you a recipe for the simplest weeknight pasta: Garlic Butter Corn Pasta with Basil. Inspired by that classic “what do I eat” recipe where you cook pasta, add a bunch of butter and salt and call it a meal. Its what college dreams are made of, and also what I sometimes think about when I’m falling asleep. You really can’t go wrong with your favourite noodles, melty butter and salty, savoury goodness.
This version is levelled up in taste, but not in effort. It is crazy easy. I promise! But tastes so absolutely freaking delicious. This simple Garlic Butter Corn Pasta with Basil can be made in 20 minutes and is a great way to use that in season corn on the cob. Its buttery, garlicky, herby, and has pockets of sweetness from that sweet summer corn. Okay, time to head back to the kitchen for Garlic Butter Corn Pasta round 2. Actually, I’m legitimately all out, because my sister came over last night and took the rest home.
How to make this Garlic Butter Corn Pasta:
So I hear there are some heat waves happening all over. I wouldn’t know, because it is unseasonably cold right now. BUT I do remember that on those long, hot, summer days, the last thing you want is to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Assuming its not too hot to turn on the stove (if so, go make my pasta salad and save this one for a cooler day) this recipe is a weeknight wonder. It really is so easy! Its perfect for when you want comfort convenience food but also a meal that tastes fresh and full of summer flavours.
All it takes is a few simple steps, and you’ve got yourself a winner:
- Boil the pasta. I used this amazing Tripolini pasta (like skinny little lasagna noodles, so cute!) but literally any pasta will work.
- Fry the garlic and corn in vegan butter. The more butter the better, but if you want to keep this on the slightly lighter side, fry in a small amount of butter and then add a bit more just before serving.
- Add the flour. Stir it around to combine everything into a thick paste-like consistency. This will thicken the “sauce” ever-so-slightly and help it stick to the pasta.
- Add the nondairy milk. This will create a “sauce” that tastes ike butter, but saves you from having to put a literal pound of butter onto your pasta. That stuff isn’t cheap and I’m not about to waste all my cookie making butter on a pasta dish!!!
- Add the cooked pasta. Toss it all together.
- Add the fresh basil and black pepper. Enjoy right away. It’s freaking amazing.
All the best summer recipes!
That is IT! How easy is that. I could make it in my sleep. I hope you love this one too! And, let me know what summer recipes you want to see this summer! We’ve got ice cream bars coming up tomorrow (unreal) and some delicious dips and sandwiches following that. With all the back and forth to the cottage we’re doing lately I need to be on top of it so any requests are greatly appreciated. I want you to have all the best recipes for summer appetizers and snacks, quick weeknight dinners, and cold summery desserts so let me know what you want to see next!Print
Garlic Butter Corn Pasta with Basil (Dairy-Free!)
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
This fast weeknight meal is buttery, garlicky, herby, and has pockets of sweetness from that sweet summer corn!
- 180g pasta of choice
- 2 tsp minced garlic (about 2 large cloves)
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut off (about 1 1/2 cups of corn)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large pot of salted water, boil pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tbsp of vegan butter. When melted and sizzling, add the garlic and corn and cook about 4 minutes until corn is bright yellow and starting to soften.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and let it melt. Add the flour and stir to combine. Immediately add the milk and stir to combine. It will start to thicken as it starts to heat up. Reduce heat slightly and let simmer lightly until thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Add the basil, sprinkle of salt and black pepper. Add the last 1 tbsp of vegan butter and stir to melt through. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes