This fast weeknight meal is buttery, garlicky, herby, and has pockets of sweetness from that sweet summer corn!
- 180g pasta of choice
- 2 tsp minced garlic (about 2 large cloves)
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut off (about 1 1/2 cups of corn)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large pot of salted water, boil pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tbsp of vegan butter. When melted and sizzling, add the garlic and corn and cook about 4 minutes until corn is bright yellow and starting to soften.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and let it melt. Add the flour and stir to combine. Immediately add the milk and stir to combine. It will start to thicken as it starts to heat up. Reduce heat slightly and let simmer lightly until thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Add the basil, sprinkle of salt and black pepper. Add the last 1 tbsp of vegan butter and stir to melt through. Serve immediately. Enjoy!