This pasta recipe uses my Warm Summer Vegetable and Herb Dip to make a delicious veggie-packed sauce. Then its topped with basil feta and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- 1 batch Warm Summer Vegetable and Herb Dip
- 180g dry small shape pasta (I used bow ties, macaroni or penne work too)
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water (see steps below)
- 1/2 cup vegan feta or vegan cheese shreds
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- fresh lemon wedges for serving
- Follow the steps in this recipe to make the veggie dip. If using leftover dip, simply move on to the next step.
- To a large pot of water add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Before draining, reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta then add back to pot.
- Add the dip to a blender with the pasta water and blend until smooth. Add to pasta pot and stir together with pasta. Put on low heat to warm through.
- In a food processor, add the vegan feta or cheese shreds and basil leaves. Pulse a few times until crumbly. If you don’t have a food processor, simply crumble the cheese yourself and finely chop the basil. It will still be great! And “rustic” :). Serve with pasta or sprinkle overtop just before serving.
- I like to serve with some toasted baguette, fresh lemon juice and the basil feta. Enjoy!