Looking for the perfect super quick no-bake 5 minute dessert idea? Try these Strawberry & Coconut Whip Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowls! Bursting with sweet, fresh summer strawberries, coconut whipped cream and crumbled cookies. Every bite is the perfect mix of light and creamy, juicy, and chocolatey!
I used my famous chocolate chip cookies recipe and I always seem to have a batch of these in my fridge at all times! However, you can use whatever cookies are your favourite! I’m giving you a recipe for homemade coconut whipped cream, but you can also buy store-bought (like coco whip brand) to save time as well. I like to make my own sometimes but whenever we travel to our cottage I bring a tub of coco whip for strawberry shortcake and these strawberry cookie bowls.
I can’t believe we are into the last week of July! The next two upcoming months are going to be c-r-a-z-y for us because we have my bridal shower, my and Gregs birthday weekend (our birthdays are two days apart!), our bachelor/bachelorette weekend, then our wedding, hopefully a quick honeymoon, followed by standing in our friends’ wedding too.
I’m kind of tired just thinking about it. But, mostly excited. Its going to be a whirlwind and I want to just soak up as much of it as I can and really be in the moment.Print
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
Fresh summer strawberries topped with coconut whipped cream and crumbled vegan chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and chopped
- 2 chocolate chip cookies, crumbled (my recipe here)
Coconut Whipped Cream (or use store-bought):
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the cream that has separated from the water. If yours has stayed a liquid milk consistency and hasn’t separated, it may not thicken like it is supposed to. It will thicken a bit, but might just be more runny. Sometimes you get a dud! My favourite brand is Grace and I always seem to have good results with it.
- Add cream to a mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a hand or stand mixer until creamy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until creamy and smooth (about 1 minute).
- Divide strawberries between two bowls. Top with dollops of whip and cookie crumbles.