Vegan birthday cake truffles made with leftover sheet cake scraps and vanilla milk, rolled in cookie crumbs and sprinkles.
- a few cups of crumbled cake
- 1/2 cup oat milk + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp nondairy milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Liv B chocolate chip cookies, blitzed into a fine crumble
- sprinkles (optional)
- Add cake crumbles to a bowl with a few spoonfuls of vanilla milk. Mix with your hands until moist enough to knead into a ball. If necessary, add a bit more milk. You want the filling to be moist and soft, but not too sticky.
- Scoop out even amounts of the mixture, a little smaller than a ping pong ball. I chilled the balls in the fridge before the next step so they were extra firm for coating.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the nondairy milk and powdered sugar until it is a thin runny glaze. Add more milk if needed.
- Dip a cake ball into the glaze, coating all sides, then remove with a fork, letting the excess glaze drip off through the prongs.
- Dip into cookie crumb mixture and roll around to coat. Repeat with remaining truffles.
The truffles will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge or up to 1 month in the freezer.