Roasted potato, onion, garlic and corn, blended with spices and cream into a chowder. Topped with smoky tofu croutons.
- 4 cups potato cubes
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 1/2 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup vegan cream or coconut milk
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
Smoky Tofu Croutons:
- 1 block of tofu (12 oz)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add potatoes, onion and garlic to a bowl. Add oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until potatoes are golden and fork-tender. Add corn and bake 5-10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tofu. Add tofu to a bowl with oil and spices and toss to coat. Fry in a frying pan for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until crispy, or in an air fryer for about 15 minutes until crispy.
- Add veggies to a blender with broth and cream (or add all to a pot and use an immersion blender). Blend until smooth, and remember when blending hot liquids to take the middle plug out of the lid and cover lightly with a dish towel to let steam escape so it doesn’t explode.
- Add to a pot and heat on low/medium heat until warmed through. Stir in thyme, then taste and season with more salt/pepper if desired.
- Serve hot and garnish with tofu croutons. Enjoy!