Chickpea “tuna” salad with fresh herbs, layered between thick slices of fresh focaccia and crisp lettuce. Perfect for meal prep!
- 1 tin (14 oz/398 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed or save the chickpea liquid, called “aquafaba” and use it to make these delicious blondies
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, like chives, parsley, dill, basil, etc
- 8 slices fresh focaccia or fresh bread
- fresh leafy lettuce (optional)
- 4 slices vegan cheese (optional)
- Combine the chickpeas and mayo in a large bowl. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the chickpeas until chunky and only a few whole beans remain. Don’t over mash or it will become mushy.
- Add the pepper, paprika and herbs and stir to combine.
- Spread spoonfuls of the mixture onto 4 slices of bread. Top with a cheese slice and lettuce and the other pieces of bread. Enjoy!