Today we are making the EASIEST Vegan Honey Garlic Meatballs. I feel like cozy dinner recipes are the best way to start getting into the fall spirit. We don’t have to dive into pumpkin everything just yet (although that is starting soon… like maybe tomorrow HAHA) but right now, lets just have some dang delicious vegan meatballs! Vegan meatballs simmered in a simple 5 ingredient “honey” garlic sauce, what could be better!
Oh my gosh… its wedding week. Greg and I are getting married THIS SATURDAY! I’m still avoiding checking the weather because this far out, it can still change. But I’m getting antsy. We have soooo many appointments and things to do this week. It already feels like its crawling at a snail’s pace and also flying by. I’m also having crazy weird dreams and feel so frazzled. So, yoga every day this week is in order. And stress eating pumpkin cookies (new recipe coming soon, but in the meantime, make these ones). And, quick and EASY dinners that I can make without too much effort, like these meatballs!
We’re using store-bought Beyond Ground Beef for these, but if you want to make this recipe even easiest, you can use pre-made veggie balls or vegan meatballs, there are sooo many brands out now. Even Ikea has delicious veggie balls and they would be excellent simmered in this amazing vegan honey garlic sauce.
Sometimes there are recipes that seem too easy to be delicious. This is one of them. The sauce is only 5 ingredients, yet somehow tastes SO incredible. I actually have a 2 ingredient sweet and sour vegan meatball recipe that you can check out here (family fav) but this one is actually my new fav. The sauce is made from the most basic ingredients like brown sugar, maple syrup, ketchup, garlic and soy sauce.
Serve these meatballs over rice, a side of roasted veggies, or make them as a delicious appetizer for a family dinner or party. And if you’re looking for more delicious vegan meatball recipes, check out these ones:
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Butter Chicken Meatballs
- Cheese-Stuffed Oven Baked Meatballs
- Swedish-Style Meatballs
The Easiest Vegan Honey Garlic Meatballs
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 13 meatballs
Vegan meatballs simmered in a 5 ingredient “honey” garlic sauce. Perfect for September weeknight dinners with rice and veggies!
- 1 package (16 oz.) Beyond Meat ground beef, or about 13 pre-made vegan meatballs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- optional: sliced green onion, for garnish
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, measure out 1 1/2 tbsp size meatballs and roll between your hands to make balls. I got 13 meatballs from one package of Beyond Meat.
- Add meatballs to a frying pan on medium heat. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until all sides are browned and meatballs are slightly firm. I don’t add extra oil as I find the Beyond Meat has enough already.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic, ketchup, maple syrup, brown sugar and soy sauce until combined.
- Pour into pan and stir to coat meatballs. Simmer a few minutes until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion (if using) and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Made this recipe with a different plant based “pork” meat but the same sauce. It was SO good and my non-plant based fam loved it too.
We made this sauce tonight with the veggie IKEA “meat”balls and it was DELISH!
Such an easy and satisfying meal that we’ll definitely be making again!
A delicious and easy recipe! Super satisfying and great for weeknight dinners.
Looks delicious!! Do you think these can be made ahead of time, stored with the glaze, and heated in the oven?