Vegan meatballs simmered in a 5 ingredient “honey” garlic sauce. Perfect for September weeknight dinners with rice and veggies!
- 1 package (16 oz.) Beyond Meat ground beef, or about 13 pre-made vegan meatballs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- optional: sliced green onion, for garnish
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, measure out 1 1/2 tbsp size meatballs and roll between your hands to make balls. I got 13 meatballs from one package of Beyond Meat.
- Add meatballs to a frying pan on medium heat. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until all sides are browned and meatballs are slightly firm. I don’t add extra oil as I find the Beyond Meat has enough already.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the garlic, ketchup, maple syrup, brown sugar and soy sauce until combined.
- Pour into pan and stir to coat meatballs. Simmer a few minutes until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion (if using) and serve.