Gooey, chewy, soft batch pumpkin spice cookies with chocolate chips and sea salt.
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups choc chips
- optional: course sea salt for tops
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, add the melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla and beat until fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice stir until just combined – don’t over mix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1-2 tbsp size scoop to scoop out balls of cookie dough onto the sheet pan. Leave room to spread.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes (I prefer to undertake them slightly to really make sure they’re soft and gooey) until lightly golden brown on the top.
- Let cool on the pan a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with coarse salt, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days, or in the fridge up to 1 week.