Rich chocolate muffin batter filled with chocolate chips; a bakery-quality muffin made in your very own kitchen!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups nondairy milk
- 1 cup sugar (plus extra for sprinkling on top, if desired)
- 1/3 cup oil or melted vegan butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin paper muffin liners, or grease well so they don’t stick.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the nondairy milk, sugar, oil and vanilla extract and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into dry mixture and stir to combine. A few small lumps in the batter are okay.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide all of the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups (it is approx 1/3-1/2 cup of batter per muffin).
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, without opening the oven, reduce the temperature to 375 F and bake another 14 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin a few minutes, before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes