Thick, chewy, buttery brown sugar cookies – just like something you would find at the most indulgent bakery.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I used Becel Sticks)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt (about 1/4 tsp)
- 70g (1 average size bar) of vegan white chocolate, chopped (I used this one)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter and brown sugar. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet in two parts, stirring to form a dough. Add chocolate and stir to combine.
- Use about 3 tbsp of dough per cookie and roll into balls, placing on a cookie sheet. Bake 13-14 minutes or until golden brown and starting to crack on top. Let cool a few minutes before devouring!