Irish cream-inspired syrup mixed with sooth cold brew coffee, topped with vanilla cold foam and served over ice.
Irish Cream Syrup:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
For the drink:
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 5–6 ice cubes
- 1 cup oat milk (a barista blend works best)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1 tsp sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder for garnish
- Make the syrup: In a small pot on medium heat, add all of the syrup ingredients and whisk to combine. Bring to a low simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the drink: add 2 tbsp of syrup to your glass. Add the cold brew and stir to combine. Add the ice cubes.
- Using an electric or hand-held frother, froth the oat milk, vanilla extract and sweetener until thick and frothy but don’t heat it (this is how you get cold foam).
- Pour over the cold brew and garnish with a line of cocoa across the top. Enjoy!** Store leftover syrup in an airtight jar or container in the fridge for up to 1 week.