Delicate dairy-free, egg-free, vegan crepes with crisp edges, perfect for filling or topping, savoury or sweet!
- In a blender, add the nondairy milk, flour, oil, sugar and salt and blend until completely smooth and combined. Refrigerate 30 minutes up to overnight (I like to do overnight for convenience).
- Heat a medium to large (8-10 inch) nonstick skillet/frying pan over medium heat. Brush with oil to coat pan evenly. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the hot pan, turning and tilting it to coat the bottom as evenly as possible. Use a bit of batter to fill in any gaps and smooth out uneven blobs with a rubber spatula.
- Cook until the top is set and not wet-looking, edges start to crisp and lift from the pan and bottom is golden brown in spots.
- Slip a rubber spatula around the edges to ensure crepe is not stuck, then gently flip in one swift motion. Cook until bottom is golden brown in spots and edges are crisp, another 45 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to a plate, and cover. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing pan lightly with oil in between each crepe.
- Serve immediately folded or rolled, with desired toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes