Noodles in a creamy vegan red curry almond butter sauce, with “beef”, peppers, mushrooms and garlic.
- 160g (approx 2 servings) dry spaghetti noodles
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pre-cooked vegan ground beef (I used Lightlife)
Red Curry Almond Sauce:
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt. Boil the spaghetti according to package directions (usually takes about 10-12 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: in a jar with a lid like a mason jar, add all sauce ingredients and shake well to combine. Set aside.
- Make the noodles: (Start when spaghetti is cooked or almost done). In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, add the coconut oil, and garlic, peppers, mushrooms and vegan beef. Cook a few minutes, until mushrooms are browned. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, then add the sauce and cooked spaghetti. Stir frequently, until sauce has thickened. Add veggie mixture back into the pan, toss to combine, then serve. Serve with a few extra wedges of lime, if desired.