Fresh homemade vegan pasta with only 2 ingredients! Delicious fresh pasta in under an hour, also a great date night idea!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (plus a bit for dusting)
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 1/2 cup water (plus a bit extra if needed)
- Mix together the flours, then create a well in the center and pour in the water. Mix to form a dough. Turn out onto a clean surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until nice and smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a damp dish towel and let sit 30 minutes at room temp.
- Roll out on a floured surface until thin enough to go in the largest size of the pasta maker (usually 7). Roll it through, then dust with flour. Roll through again on a 6, then dust and roll through once more on a 5. I find this is the best thinness for fettuccine but you can do thinner if you like!
- Roll through the fettuccine side (or cut with a pizza wheel if you don’t have that attachment but I think most come with it).
- Boil in salted water for about 6-8 minutes. Taste test a piece to make sure it is cooked how you like.
- Top with your favourite sauce (I used @paneecirco) and some vegan parm (@violife_foods).