These Cardamom Pistachio Double Chocolate Cookies are my new favourite “fancy” cookies! I made them on Christmas Eve this year (you know, for Santa) and Greg and I had so much fun making a fun video for it on Instagram.
Gooey, fudgy double chocolate cookies, rolled in cardamom sugar and topped with pistachios. Such a unique combination of flavours, but it just works. I got thew idea from the genius Pinch of Yum and decided to make my own vegan version and add pistachios for extra colour. I am so thrilled with how this recipe turned out!Print
Cardamom Pistachio Double Chocolate Cookies
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8-9 cookies
Even the classiest Santa can’t refuse digging in to these fudgy, gooey double chocolate cookies, rolled in cardamom sugar and topped with crunchy crushed pistachio!
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine or softened vegan butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup or dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan margarine and sugar until combined and fluffy. Add non-dairy milk, vanilla and espresso powder if using and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring to form a dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Stir together cane sugar and cardamom and place on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
6. Roll balls of dough the size you like – 2 tbsp is a good regular size or I used a large 4 tbsp size cookie scoop for these and got 9 large cookies. Dip each dough ball in pistachios to coat the top, then roll in the cardamom sugar.
7. Space evenly on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 11-14 minutes (11 for smaller cookies, 14 minutes for cookies my size). Remove from oven and allow to cool and set 5 minutes (if they’re too hot they’ll fall apart) before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
OMG I am so excited about this recipe! Growing up arab I regularly ate sweets with cardamom and pistachios. I will definitely need to try this!
I hope you love them! 🙂
Hey! Love your recipes. Planning on making this later today. I’m from Canada too. Just wondering which specific brand of espresso powder did you use for this recipe? Thanks!
I actually just used instant coffee powder! 🙂
Best cookies I have probably ever made. I make these for every event and just make them all the time. Everybody’s mouth drops when they try it! Thank you for the amazing recipes!