These Cardamom Pistachio Double Chocolate Cookies are my new favourite “fancy” cookies! I made them on Christmas Eve this year (you know, for Santa) and Greg and I had so much fun making a fun video for it on Instagram.
Gooey, fudgy double chocolate cookies, rolled in cardamom sugar and topped with pistachios. Such a unique combination of flavours, but it just works. I got thew idea from the genius Pinch of Yum and decided to make my own vegan version and add pistachios for extra colour. I am so thrilled with how this recipe turned out!
Even the classiest Santa can’t refuse digging in to these fudgy, gooey double chocolate cookies, rolled in cardamom sugar and topped with crunchy crushed pistachio!
1/2 cup vegan margarine or softened vegan butter
1 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp espresso powder (optional)
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt (optional)
1/2 cup or dairy free chocolate chips
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan margarine and sugar until combined and fluffy. Add non-dairy milk, vanilla and espresso powder if using and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring to form a dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Stir together cane sugar and cardamom and place on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
6. Roll balls of dough the size you like – 2 tbsp is a good regular size or I used a large 4 tbsp size cookie scoop for these and got 9 large cookies. Dip each dough ball in pistachios to coat the top, then roll in the cardamom sugar.
7. Space evenly on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 11-14 minutes (11 for smaller cookies, 14 minutes for cookies my size). Remove from oven and allow to cool and set 5 minutes (if they’re too hot they’ll fall apart) before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.
Liv B is the recipe developer, video content creator, and photographer behind itslivb.com and the Liv B Youtube channel. She is the author of the best selling cookbooks Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget and Liv B's Easy Everyday. She lives and works out of her home with her husband and videographer/editor Greg, and their two dogs, Willa and Hazel.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.