Crispy, buttery, hot and sweet lightly pan fried tofu – perfect for serving with rice and veggies!
- 1 block (350g) firm tofu, pressed and ripped into chunks
- 1/4 cup flour or corn starch
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- finely chopped green onion, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Add tofu to a large bowl and toss with flour to coat.
- Heat a frying pan on medium high heat and add tofu. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tofu is golden brown and crisp.
- Add the vegan butter, sriracha, maple syrup and soy sauce and stir to coat.
- Fry a few more minutes until browned and sizzling. Serve with green onion and sesame seeds. I like to serve this over rice. Enjoy!