This is the best and easiest vegan coffee cake! This coffee cake is moist, sweet, perfectly crumbly and has the most delicious crispy butter brown sugar topping.
One of my most popular recipes here lately has been my Vegan Cinnamon Loaf (so happy you’re all loving it BTW) and this recipe is basically the same, except, well, not a loaf! My mom brought a pan of coffee cake to our Sunday morning coffee last weekend and it was the perfect size to feed our crowd of 10! I decided I needed my own big coffee cake recipe and knew I could easily turn that popular cinnamon loaf into a 9×13 cake, perfect for cutting squares instead of slices.
I always think it is so funny that everyone assumes there is coffee in coffee cake, but it actually gets its name because it is the perfect thing to eat with a cup of coffee. I hope you love this sweet, buttery, delicious coffee cake and if you make it, be sure to take a photo and tag me on instagram so I can share on my story!
Vegan Coffee Cake
- Total Time: 1.5 hours including cooling
- Yield: 12-15 pieces
Vegan coffee cake, the perfect pairing with a cup of hot or iced coffee! Moist and fluffy with a crisp buttery brown sugar topping – a perfect sweet treat!
- 2 cups non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar + 4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, non-dairy milk, vinegar and vanilla extract. Stir to combine then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until just combined (don’t overmix – some small lumps are okay).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread half of the batter into the pan in an even layer. Sprinkle on half of the brown sugar + cinnamon mixture. Then add the rest of the batter on top and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle on the other half of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Drizzle the melted vegan butter overtop.
- Bake in preheated oven for 39-42 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean or with a crumb or two attached.
- Allow to cool for a while before slicing and serving.
- You can cut into 12 large pieces or 15 smaller pieces. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days or in the fridge up to 5.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
I just made it and can confirm this is SO moist, fluffy and delicious. Ate it hot with a glass of oat milk by the side and it was DREAMY 🤩
I used to make that coffee cake from a recipe off of a Bisquick box, but it wasn’t vegan
Just made this recipe tonight and it’s 10/10 sooooo good! Thanks for another amazing recipe!!
This coffee cake is unbelievable! It tastes just as good as the one my mom made when I was growing up, that was full of sour cream, butter and eggs. Thank you so much for this recipe! Every member of this family of 4 , with 3 omni’s , gave it 5/5.
That is the best compliment ever! Thank you! 🙂
I just made this cake and omg, it is absolutely beautiful. It’s soft and fluffy and the flavour is spot on.
The best coffee cake recipe I have ever tried!
Highly recommend 🥰🥰🥰
Made this, adding toasted chopped pecans to the filling, and it came out great! Very easy to make, too!
The best/ easiest recipe ever!! I doubled the recipe brought it to a dinner party and everyone LOVED IT! Couldn’t believe it was vegan! By the end, they were all fighting for leftovers. Bookmarking this recipe and definitely will be making again