Buttery brown sugar cookie base chunked with pecans, white chocolate chips and a hint of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine or softened vegan butter (I use Becel sticks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or soy)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dairy-free white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy. Add almond milk and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir until almost combined, then add in the white chocolate and pecans and mix again just until the dry flour is mixed in (this is to ensure you don’t over mix the dough).
- Scoop 3 tbsp of cookie dough per cookie and roll into balls. Space out on a cookie sheet, leaving room to spread. (If making smaller cookies, you will likely just have to bake for less time – start with 10 minutes and go from there).
- Bake 15-16 minutes or until golden on top. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before removing from tray and transferring to a baking sheet.