Angel hair pasta in a rich, slightly creamy red wine marinara sauce with mushrooms.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds
- handful of fresh basil, shredded or a pinch of dried basil
- 2 servings angel hair pasta (approx 160 g)
- vegan parmesan cheese, optional for garnish
- pinch of chilli flakes, optional for garnish
- In a large pot on high heat, boil the pasta according to package directions. Just before draining, set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water for later. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot or large frying pan, add oil, mushrooms and garlic and cook about 5 minutes mushrooms are browned.
- Add the marinara sauce, red wine, pasta water, bay leaf, basil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Add the vegan cheese and stir until melted. Add the cooked pasta and toss to combine. Serve with vegan parmesan cheese and chilli flakes (if using).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes