- 12 small potatoes, skin on
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp hot sauce such as Frank’s
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- sant and pepper
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1 clove garlic (or more), minced
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with water until just submerged. Bring to a boil and cook about 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Drain potatoes and let sit a few minutes so the steam evaporates the water on them.
- Add to prepared sheet pan and use a glass to lightly press down on each one, creating a “smashed” potato.
- Combine vegan butter, oil, maple syrup, hot sauce and chilli flakes. Drizzle evenly over top of the potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and crispy – about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together vegan mayo and garlic.
- Remove potatoes from oven and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with garlic mayo and enjoy immediately!