Chocolate dipped, crispy-yet-chewy almond butter cookies topped with flaky sea salt.
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy almond butter, peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- sea salt for tops
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Cream together the almond butter and sugar. Add the flax mixture and vanilla and combine. Stir in the flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. It will be very stiff.
- Use a 1 1/2 tbsp size cookie scoop to form balls of dough onto the pan. Use a fork to press down on the cookies to make a criss cross pattern and flatten the cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan at least 10 minutes before attempting to remove them and transfer to a wire cooling rack, as they will be soft. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Meanwhile, in the microwave or a small pot, melt together the chocolate and coconut oil until melted. Remove from the heat, then dip each cookie half in the chocolate. Place back on sheet pan and sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes