Halved baby potatoes, boiled until fork tender, the simmered in a garlicky cream sauce with kale and vegan Parm
- 1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegan cream or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until fork-tender (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add vegan butter, garlic and onion and fry about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent. Add the kale and sauce 1 minute, until vibrant in colour.
- Add the flour and stir to coat. Add 1/2 cup vegan cream, stirring to combine and letting simmer for a minute to thicken, then repeat with another 1/2 cup cream, and again with the remaining cream, until you have a thick creamy sauce.
- Add the vegan Parm, paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and add more if necessary.
- Add drained potatoes and stir to coat in sauce.
- Serve, enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes