Tastes like an everything bagel, but can be used like bread! So delicious!
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp warm water (about 105 F)
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups flour (if you use bread flour you’ll need closer to 2 1/2 cups and all purpose closer to 3 cups)
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- everything bagel seasoning (recipe here) as much as you like, I do a few tbsp to coat the top of the bread
- Combine warm water and yeast and let sit 5 minutes. Add to stand mixer bowl with sugar and salt. Add the flour and knead about 5 minutes in stand mixer until not sticky to the touch.
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes. Then shape into a greased loaf pan and rise another 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tbsp baking soda. Boil the dough for 1 minute, then flip and boil on the other side for 1 minute.
- Remove from pot and let the water drip off, then add back into loaf pan. Cut a few slits in the top for steam. Sprinkle on everything bagel seasoning to coat the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until browned on top. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes