A twist on the classic vanilla flavour, with foamy shaken espresso, notes of caramelized vanilla and smooth, creamy oat milk.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- generous splash of vanilla extract (approx 2 tsp)
- double shot of espresso
- oat milk or favourite nondairy milk
- Place sugar in a pan or small pot on the stove and put heat to medium high. Heat, stirring frequently, until sugar melts and turns deep amber in colour (takes about 8 minutes).
- Carefully add the water, and reduce heat to medium, letting it simmer until the thick caramel has dissolved into a runny syrup.
- Add the vanilla and stir.
- Place espresso shot in a mason jar or cocktail shaker and add 2 tbsp (or more) of syrup. Add a few ice cubes, then shake about 30 seconds until foamy.
- Fill serving glass 3/4 full with ice, then pour shaken espresso overtop. Top with oat milk. Enjoy!