A twist on Liv’s Famous Buttermilk Pancake Recipe – introducing a perfectly balanced mix of chewy carmelized bananas, and sweet delicious pecans!
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
Maple Bourbon Bananas & Pecans:
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Combine the milk and apple cider vinegar, stirring well. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the oil to the almondmilk mixture and stir. Then pour into dry mixture.
- Mix until JUST combined. Lumps are okay! Do not over-mix. See video for what the batter should look like.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Spray oil lightly onto pan.
- Using scoop batter into round pancake shapes, leaving some room for spreading. I usually do 2 at a time. BE PATIENT! Let it cook until bubbles rise to the surface then burst, and the edges start to look cooked. Take a peak underneath and if it is golden, flip to the other side. Cook about 30 seconds-1 minute on the other side (the second side takes much less time to cook).
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan over medium-high heat, add the vegan butter. Once sizzling, add the bananas and pecans, followed by the maple syrup and bourbon. Let simmer for a few minutes until it starts to caramelize and thicken, then immediately add to pancakes.
The bourbon bananas and pecans is best made and eaten immediately as they will get very sticky as they cool.