The easiest fast food level up! Chick-Fil-A sauce made of plant-based ingredients, with it’s iconic counterpart – chick’n nuggets!
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- 3/4 – 1 cup vegan chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp paprika salt & pepper to taste
- 2–1/2 cups broth for simmering
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp pickle brine
- Whisk together seitan dry ingredients until combined. Add broth and stir until it forms a dough ball.
- Knead a few times with your hands until dough has no dry spots.
- Add rest of broth to instant pot. Rip off chunks of seitan and add to pot. Cook on “manual” for 15 minutes. Once it is done, quick release steam.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients in a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, whisk together breading ingredients. When seitan is done, toss in the breading mixture until coated.
- Head a large frying pan with oil. When hot, add seitan and fry a few minutes per side until crispy and golden brown. Remove from pan and plate into a paper towel-lined bowl to remove excess grease.
- Meanwhile, stir together sauce ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes