These Cheesy Cheddar & Herb Drop Biscuits are dairy-free, made with only a handful of ingredients and much less mess than regular biscuits.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 g)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup cold vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and mixed herbs.
- Add the vegan butter and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter or pulse in a food processor until it has a crumbly consistency.
- Stir in the cheese shreds.
- Add the nondairy milk and stir until just combined into a very thick batter. Do not over-mix, just stir until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Use a large cookie scoop or mashed potato/icecream scoop (mine is approx 4 tbsp) onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes. Then enjoy!