The easiest and best way to eat French Toast! This is how you can get restaurant quality French Toast in the comfort of your own home, and make it “fancy”!
For the Batter:
- 1/2 block firm tofu (approx 6 oz.)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp vanilla (I like a lot of vanilla)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the French Toast:
- Vegan butter for frying
- 1 large loaf of your favourite bread
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Pistachios (optional)
- Start by making the batter: add the tofu, plant-based milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into a shallow bowl.
- On a cutting board, trim the loaf of bread on all 4 sides, working your way to one large rectangle of bread. Shave down the sides to make angular edges, and cut the rectangle loaf to make thick rectangle slices.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add some vegan butter. When it starts to sizzle, dip a slice of bread into the batter, then quickly dip the other sides. Allow any excess to drip off, then place in the pan. Cook a few minutes per side until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the bread sticks.
- Add pistachios, powdered sugar and maple syrup (if desired!).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10