A buttery, moist, soft and fluffy cake with bursts of berries and a hint of lemon, topped with the crunchy streusel topping!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened/room temp
- 2 tbsp powdered egg replacer + 6 tbsp water (see step 1)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 2 cups frozen berries + 1 tbsp flour (see step 6)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Mix together the powdered egg replacer and water and set aside to thicken.
- Combine all streusel ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix with your hands until combined into a crumbly mixture.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, add vegan butter and sugar to the bowl and beat until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg replacer, vanilla, lemon zest, salt and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Add in half of the flour and half of the milk and mix to combine. Add the rest of the flour, remaining milk and lemon juice and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Toss berries in flour, then fold into batter.
- Spread into prepared baking dish and add streusel topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer cake to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.