This Vegan Jalapeño Popper Toast is the perfect balance of crispy sourdough, fluffy hummus, gooey cheese and sliced Jalapeños for a punch of flavour.
- 2 slices fresh sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegan parm (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, add the slices of toast.
- On each slice, spread 2 tbsp hummus, 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds, pinch of chilli powder, and sliced jalapeño.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is crispy. (optional: Broil for 1-2 minutes for cheese to brown)
- Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/2 tbsp vegan parm on each piece.
- Slice in half and serve!