This Vegan McRib Sandwich is made using The Very Good Butchers vegan ribs, topped with fresh slices of white onion, homemade garlic aioli and pickles all on a fresh baked bun!
- 2 large fresh sausage buns, sub bun etc, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 rack of The Very Good Butchers Vegan BBQ Ribs
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 4 slices sweet pickle
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp vegan butter and the halves of the buns. Fry until lightly golden and crispy.
- In the same heated pan, add the half rack of ribs over medium to low heat. Cover the pan and let cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes or until lightly crispy and warm throughout. Remove from heat and set aside. Slice the ribs in half.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, garlic, paprika, parsley, and pepper. stir to combine.
- Build your sandwich by layering on some aioli, vegan ribs, white onion and pickles.
- Optional: Heat 1 tbsp of butter with 1 minced clove of garlic in the iocrowave to brush over the tops for a gourmet presentation and added flavour.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20