Summer Fresh Balsamic Herb Vegan Pasta Salad, a perfect recipe for spring/summer picnics, BBQs, lunch outdoors and super easy weeknight dinners! Pasta tossed with homemade balsamic herb vinaigrette, tomatoes, spinach, more herbs, BBQ glazed tofu and a sprinkle of vegan cheese. This recipe is a welcome change from the typical mayo-based pasta salads that I know you will love! However, if a creamy pasta salad is more your thing, check out my White Cheddar Macaroni Pasta Salad!
You’ve gotta love a good fresh pasta salad! Before I went vegan I used to make this one with tortellini (cheese-filled) and it had tomatoes and tons of fresh basil. This version is arguably way more delicious and it’s also vegan! You still get the tomatoes, basil and cheese, and I used tiny little pasta so its easier to toss all together.
With the official start of summer just a few weeks away, I thought it is now the time to start sharing some of the recipes that I will be making on those warm summer nights, for family bbqs, and as road trip meals when we head to the cottage! It has been such amazing weather lately and after an extremely long, cold winter I am soooo ready! Bring on the sun! It’s truly amazing what a few days of sun and warmth can do for your mood, and how quickly your cravings change! Now I want everything to be bursting with herbs and summer flavours, starting with this pasta salad.
This Summer Fresh Balsamic Herb Vegan Pasta Salad is pretty simple to throw together!
Start by browning some tofu. I like to toss mine in some corn starch and fry in olive oil to get a bit of a crispy outside. Add some BBQ sauce and toss to coat.
Meanwhile, shake up all the dressing ingredients (I just do this in a mason jar). Boil the pasta.
Chop everything up and add it to a big bowl. Pour over the dressing and stir to combine! I love this salad because its a nice combination of warm from the tofu and pasta, and cold from the veggies. It’s just perfect all around!
Looking for more summer recipes?
Warm Summer Vegetable and Herb Dip with Toasty Baguette
Summer Veggie Sauce Pasta with Basil Feta
If you make this recipe or any others be sure to leave and rating/review here and also take a photo and tag me on Instagram @itslivb!Print
Summer Fresh Balsamic Herb Vegan Pasta Salad
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
For the Salad:
- 1 block (350g) firm tofu, pressed and ripped into chunks
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus or other veggie of choice like zucchini, bell pepper)
- 200g small shape pasta
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese shreds
Balsamic Herb Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Toss tofu with cornstarch to coat.
- Heat a frying pan on medium high heat and add oil, garlic, shallots, asparagus and tofu. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tofu is golden brown and crisp.
- Add the bbq sauce and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small jar, shake together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add spinach, tomato, pasta, tofu mixture and cheese. Pour dressing overtop and mix to combine. Serve.
- *Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes