For the Salad:
- 1 block (350g) firm tofu, pressed and ripped into chunks
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus or other veggie of choice like zucchini, bell pepper)
- 200g small shape pasta
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese shreds
Balsamic Herb Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Toss tofu with cornstarch to coat.
- Heat a frying pan on medium high heat and add oil, garlic, shallots, asparagus and tofu. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tofu is golden brown and crisp.
- Add the bbq sauce and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small jar, shake together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add spinach, tomato, pasta, tofu mixture and cheese. Pour dressing overtop and mix to combine. Serve.
- *Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes