These Vegan Hot Sesame Popcorn Chicken bites are sweet, spicy, and take only 10 minutes to make! Made using store-bought vegan chicken bites, toss them in the air fryer for the ultimate crunch! Alternatively, if you have some spare time on your hands – we love to use this recipe alongside out vegan seitan chicken nugget recipe for that homemade quality taste!
- 1 package frozen store-bought vegan chicken (300g) or 1 batch seitan chicken nugget recipe
- 5 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp corn starch + 1 tbsp water mixed together until combined
- In an air fryer, add vegan chicken nuggets and set to 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile in a small pot, add 4 tbsp water, soya sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, sweet chilli, garlic powder and sesame seeds. Stir to combine and let simmer for 2-4 minutes.
- Add mixture of corn starch and 1 tbsp water. Stir and let simmer until thickened. Remove from heat.
- When the vegan chicken is cooked throughout, place into a bowl with the sauce from the stove and toss to coat. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes