Creamy vanilla chia pudding topped with cinnamon-scented cooked apple, swirls of almond butter and a flaky delicious vegan pie crust crumbled over top.
- 1 cup soy milk or nondairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Apple Pie Filling:
- The night before, make the chia pudding: Add all chia pudding ingredients to a container or jar and stir until combined. Leave in fridge overnight. Some will settle to the bottom, just stir it to mix it all up.
- Make the pie crust: grease a small cassoulet dish or oven-safe small baking dish (I used a glass Pyrex container).
- Add flour and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.Add coconut oil and use a pastry cutter (or fork) to cut it together until it is crumbly like wet sand.
Add cold water 1 tbsp at a time and gently mix. Add only as much water as needed to make it form a dough. Use your hands to gently form the dough into a ball, then press into your greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 F (I did mine in an air fryer) for 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top. Remove from oven/air fryer and set aside.
- Make the apples pie filling: in a small pot on low heat, add apples, cinnamon and maple syrup and water. Cook, stirring regularly, for 15 minutes, or until the apples have softened. Add more water to the pot if needed.
- Assemble: Divide chia pudding into 2 little containers, jars or serving dishes. Top with 1 tbsp almond butter, then divide the pie filling between the two. Crumble the pie crust and add it to the top. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes