This Vegan Broiled Cheddar Tomato and Hummus Toast is loaded with hummus, melted down gooey vegan cheese, and fried cherry tomatoes for the perfect cheesy crunch!
- 2 slices white or sourdough bread
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp hummus
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup vegan milk
- 100g vegan cheddar cheese (I used daiya)
- 60g of vegan nut based cheese (I used Nuts for Cheese Chipotle Cheddar)
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven by setting to broil.
- On both pieces of bread, spread 1 1/2 tbsp of hummus evenly. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, add all cheese sauce ingredients, stirring quickly until all cheeses are combined and an even consistency. remove from heat.
- Add the cheese sauce to the bread until just covered to the edges. Place on a baking sheet and place in preheated oven. Broil for 2-3 minutes and Watch closely so as not to burn. Cheese should be bubbly and toast lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, add vegan butter, salt and cherry tomatoes. let sear for 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping frequently until sides of tomato are blackened in some spots. Remove from heat.
- Add cherry tomatoes to cheesy hummus toast and top with a pinch of sesame seeds. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10