Tastes like a cinnamon toast crunch bagel, but can be used like bread! So delicious!
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp warm water (about 105 F)
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups flour (if you use bread flour you’ll need closer to 2 1/2 cups and all purpose closer to 3 cups)
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp vegan butter (either cut squares from a stick or you can melt it and drizzle it overtop)
- Combine warm water and yeast and let sit 5 minutes. Add to stand mixer bowl with sugar and salt. Add the flour and knead about 5 minutes in stand mixer until not sticky to the touch.
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes. Then shape into a greased loaf pan and rise another 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tbsp baking soda. Boil the dough for 1 minute, then flip and boil on the other side for 1 minute.
- Remove from pot and let the water drip off, then add back into loaf pan. Cut a few slits in the top for steam. Sprinkle on the cinnamon brown sugar mixture, and add the vegan butter on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until deeply browned on top.
- Let cool before slicing. I love to serve with vegan cream cheese! It is also great toasted.