Remember in the depths of winter when you were daydreaming about fresh fruit, sunshine and a tan? This recipe is exactly what those dreams are made of! These Vegan Candied Peaches and Cream Cheese Toast Bites are the perfect summer recipe. Topped with candied maple peaches and vegan cream cheese! Get ready for the ultimate refresher this summer!
WATCH THE VIDEO
My favourite thing about this recipe:
If you know me at all, you’ll know that it’s a two-way tie between how insanely delicious it are, and how easy it is to make! Those aren’t the only reasons though… What’s so cool about these is that they are SO easy to substitute. Whether you want a specific taste and texture to your baguette, you have a favourite vegan cream cheese brand, or you even want to swap out the peaches for your favourite summer fresh fruit, these Vegan Candied Peaches and Cream Cheese Toast Bites are the perfect summer recipe and take no time at all to make!
I can’t forget to mention that these are the PERFECT thing to bring as a side dish to your next summer bbq or family get-together. They’re always a hit and the first thing gone, so make sure you make extra! (Pro tip: be sure to make them fresh right beforehand so they don’t get dried out).
How to make these Vegan Candied Peaches and Cream Cheese Toast Bites:
It really is as easy as it looks. The nice thing about these Vegan Candied Peaches and Cream Cheese Toast Bites is that you could probably intuitively make them just from looking at the end result. In my opinion, that’s the best thing about them! Feel free to have fun with this recipe and mix and match your favourite vegan products and fruits to suit your needs. That said, here’s how I did it:
Slice your baguette into even pieces approximately 1″ wide. This ensures they don’t get too soggy from the toppings down the line and last a little longer! Then add lots of vegan butter and give them a fry until golden brown. This part is key to having the perfect crunch.
Here comes the fun part. To make these Vegan Candied Peaches and Cream Cheese Toast Bites, all you have to do is slice your summer fresh peaches, toss them in a pan with more vegan butter, brown sugar and maple syrup. Measure with your heart like I did, and they’re sure to come out delicious! Be careful not to over cook at this stage and make the peaches too soft!
Lastly, choose your favourite vegan cream cheese brand, and start layering! Start to finish, this takes no more than 20 minutes, and at the end you’ll have the light summer snack of your dreams!
If you like this recipe, give it a 5-star rating and don’t forget to follow us on instagram because we have lots more coming soon!
Looking for more toast recipes? Try these:
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bagel BreadPrint
Vegan Candied Peaches and Cream Cheese Toast Bites
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6
These Vegan Candied Peaches and Cream Cheese Toast Bites are topped with candied maple peaches and vegan cream cheese!
- 3 medium peaches
- 6 slices of baguette
- 4 tbsp vegan butter, divided
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- Wash and pit peaches, slicing each into 6 even pieces.
- Using 2 tbsp of vegan butter, butter each side of baguette pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan on medium to high heat. Add the baguette slices for about 5 minutes, flipping half way through, or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the remainder of the butter to the pre-heated pan and let it melt. Once melted, add the brown sugar and maple syrup, stirring until just combined.
- Add the peaches and sear for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until peaches are coated in syrup and lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add vegan cream cheese to toasted baguette pieces evenly, and add the candied peaches on top. Drizzle the remaining syrup and candied sugar on top of each piece evenly, and serve hot. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15