You’ll never make another Mac and cheese recipe after you’ve tried this! This Vegan BBQ Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese is all made in one pot with cheesy, creamy rigatoni noodles and topped with sweet bbq jackfruit pulled pork!
Mac and Cheese
- 4 cups (1 L) dry macaroni or rigatoni
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 6 cups (1.5 L) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tahini
- 2 1/2 cups (500 mL) shredded vegan Cheddar cheese (I use Daiya Farmhouse Block)
- Black pepper
BBQ Pulled “Pork”
- 2 cups shredded jackfruit
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1. Add the macaroni or rigatoni, Dijon mustard, salt, garlic powder and water to a large pot
over medium-high heat, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, then cook for about
8 minutes, until almost all the water is dissolved and the pasta is al dente. Do
2. Meanwhile, add the butter to a pan to let melt. Then add the jackfruit and bbq sauce, cooking until fully coated and heated throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add the nondairy milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and tahini; stir until combined.
Add the vegan Cheddar cheese; stir constantly for about 2 minutes, until melted.
4. Let cool slightly before dividing among the bowls. Top each with pepper and 2 tbsp of vegan pulled pork; serve.