- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or corn syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsps baking soda
Salted Caramel Frappe (see note if using a regular blender):
- ground coffee
- nondairy milk
- 2 tbsp salted caramel syrup
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- coconut whip for serving
- In a medium sized heavy-bottom pot, add the sugar, maple syrup and water and stir to combine.
- Place on stove on medium heat and stir as it heats to dissolve the sugar completely. Once sugar has dissolved and mixture is a clear brown, increase heat to medium high and bring sugar to a boil/simmer.
- Let it bubble away for about 7-9 minutes (set a timer) until the bubbling mixture has turned from a light colour to an amber colour.
- Remove from the heat, add the baking soda and whisk quickly to combine, then use spatula to pour out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. You will need to work quickly as it begins to harden immediately.
- Let sit about 15 minutes to cool, then break apart with your hands. Set aside.
- Add 2 large scoops of ground coffee to the Follow instructions on frappe maker to add the Mr. Coffee® Single-Serve Frappe™, Iced, and Hot Coffee Maker. Use blender to measure water for brewing and add coffee & water to the machine.
- Add milk to the milk line, ice to the ice line, then brew coffee directly into blender jug.
- Add syrup and xanthan gum to the blender, then press blend and let it run the automatic blend function until smooth.
- Serve with coconut whip and pieces of honeycomb.
You might have to adjust measurements slightly if using a normal blender and not the frappe maker! The frappe maker has measurements on the jug to make the perfect frappe consistency so if you find it is too runny or too thick in a regular blender, just adjust the amounts as needed and tweak the recipe for next time! 🙂