Stuffed?! That’s right! Just because you choose to eat a plant-based diet, doesn’t meat you can’t have a little fun with your all vegan junk food! This Vegan Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Burger is made by stuffing vegan cheese between two burger patties, avocado, and homemade burger sauce. On a homemade vegan bun, doused in garlic butter for an extra punch of plant-based flavour!
- 2 vegan burger patties (The Very Good Butchers)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 bakery-style burger bun
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese shreds
- 1/8 cup vegan feta cheese
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1 tsp fresh or dry parsley
- 1 glove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fried onions (Optional)
- 1 tbsp fried Jalapeno (Optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp butter to let melt.
- Meanwhile, mix the vegan cheeses, parsley and diced jalapeño in a small bowl.
- Form the patties by flattening to a 4.5″ x 4.5″ circle. Add approximately 2 tbsp of cheese mixture to centre of one patty, and layer over the second patty before pressing the edges together to form one stuffed patty.
- Add the stuffed patty to buttered heated pan, and place lid to trap heat and moisture. fry for 4-5 minutes or until one side is browned. Flip and add 1 tbsp water to hot pan before replacing the lid for 4-5 more minutes. Cook until heated throughout and browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients.
- Remove patty from heat and set aside. With the same heated pan, add 1 tbsp of vegan butter and place both open sides of burger bun into pan to fry. Remove from heat when golden brown.
- Meanwhile, microwave the remaining tbsp of vegan butter with the minced garlic. When buns are done, brush the top of the bun with the garlic butter mixture.
- Assemble the burger by layering the avocado, burger patty, burger sauce and fried onion.
- Enjoy while hot!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20