This Vegan Chicken Pretzel Crunch Taco Salad is made using baked pretzel and corn chips, jalapeño cream sauce, and crunchy chopped lettuce.
- 1 head of finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup dry soy curls
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp franks red hot sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl of water, leave soy curls to soak for 5-8 minutes before straining.
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, add the soaked and drained soy curls, 1 tbsp vegan butter and 1 tbsp taco seasoning. Fry about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until soy curl edges are slightly browned and warmed throughout.
- Meanwhile, add cream sauce ingredients to a high speed blended. Blend until fully combined and smooth.
- Melt the remainder of the vegan butter, and add to a bowl with crushed pretzels, crushed corn chips, and taco seasoning. Toss to coat and add to a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until slightly browned on edges. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a salad bowl, toss the lettuce with olive oil and the remainder of the taco seasoning. Add the soy curls, pretzel mixture, and cream sauce. Serve and enjoy!