The iconic dish that goes by different names all over the americas. You know it. you love it. Now let me show you how to make it! With my own special twist of course…These cheesy Vegan chilli oil garlic fingers are your every day pizza dough loaded with vegan cheese, homemade chilli oil and a lot of garlic!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 330 mL (1 bottle) room temperature mild beer like a pale ale or lager
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 5 tbsp chili flakes or Sichuan peppercorns
- 5 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 de arbol chilis
- 1 batch beer dough, or ball of store-bought dough
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (I use Becel sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded vegan cheese (I use either Daiya cutting board collection or Earth Island shreds, or a mix!)
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp chilli oil
- marinara sauce for dipping, optional
- For the beer dough: in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast and salt and whisk until combined. Add the beer and oil and mix to form a smooth dough ball. Cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft-free area for 1 hour to rise.
- For the Chilli Oil: Combine ingredients into a small pot and heat it over medium-low heat on the stove for 30 minutes (until garlic is browned), strain and pour into an airtight container – consume within 1 week (if you wish to store for longer, only add dry ingredients *no garlic* and use proper sanitization/canning procedures to avoid bacteria contamination!) if you’re unsure on this, make sure to do your research for proper food safety
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Shape the dough into a pizza shape about 10-12 inches in diameter. Place on a Parc ament-lined baking tray or pizza stone.
- In a small pot on medium heat, combine the garlic and vegan butter and heat until melted. Spread evenly over crust, then add vegan cheese shreds in an even layer, chilli oil, chilli flakes and the parsley.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown on the bottom and bubbling on top. Slice into “fingers” then dip in desired sauce. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40