These Vegan Double Cheese Avocado Cream Quesadillas are so simple and loaded with two types of vegan cheese, silky smooth avocado cream sauce AND fried soy curls.
For the Avocado Cream Sauce
- 2 avocados pitted
- 150g soft or silken tofu
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt
- handful of fresh basil
For the Quesadilla
- 2 large flour tortilla
- 4 tbsp avocado cream sauce
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning/tex Mex seasoning
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups hydrated soy curls
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese (I used half Daiya Cheddar & Monterey Jack)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add all avocado cream sauce ingredients and blend until smooth and mixed throughout.
- Meanwhile in a medium pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil, soy curls, garlic, red onion and seasoning. Fry until chicken is lightly golden brown and crispy on most sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a plate. place tortilla down flat and pile ingredients by adding 2 tbsp of the cream sauce, 1 cup vegan cheese, 1 cup soy curls. Repeat process for second tortilla and fold both in half.
- In a separate pan, add the rest of the olive oil and the two folded tortillas. Place a lid over top and let fry on low heat for 5-7 minutes or until brown and crispy on the bottom. Flip both quesadillas and repeat.
- When evenly browned on both sides and cheese is melted, remove from heat and enjoy!
- TIP: (The extra sauce made in the batch is meant for dipping)