These Vegan Spiced Tofu Wraps with Pesto Avocado Cream are the perfect packed lunch or quick weeknight dinner recipe! Pan-fried lightly spiced tofu wrapped up with red onion, kale and a delicious homemade avocado cream sauce! This super green and colourful wrap is super easy to make, healthy and most importantly, delicious!
This recipe is filled with delicious fresh ingredients, and packed with protein. You can use whatever wraps you like, and also your favourite fillings. I like onions and kale to keep it simple, but use any of your favourite ingredients like mixed greens, tomatoes, olives, pickles, bell peppers… the list could go on! That’s the best thing about wraps, you can customize them super easily to your liking.
The pesto avocado cream sauce is not only fresh and delicious but packed with protein thanks to silken tofu! Silken tofu is such a great hack for people who loooove creamy things and want to add protein to meals. Blend it into soups, pasta sauces and cream sauces (like this one) to add a delicious creaminess and punch of protein. The rest of the pesto avocado cream sauce is avocado, lemon juice, garlic, basil and some salt and pepper.
Looking for more packed lunch ideas? Here are some of my favourites:
How to Plan a Vegan Packed Lunch
Sticky Sesame Tofu and Corn Pita Pockets
Protein Pesto Crispy Tofu & Roasted Veggie Sandwiches
If you make these wraps, I would love if you left a rating ad review, especially if you made any substitutions! I always love reading your comments and thoughts on recipes! 🙂Print
Vegan Spiced Tofu Wraps with Pesto Avocado Cream
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
Pan-fried lightly spiced tofu wrapped up with red onion, kale and a delicious homemade avocado cream sauce.
For the tofu:
- 1 block firm tofu, ripped into chunks
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- oil for frying
Pesto Avocado Cream:
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 block (approx 150g) silken tofu
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- Handful of fresh basil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the wraps:
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups chopped kale
- In a bowl, toss the tofu with cornstarch and spices until coated.
- To a frying pan on medium-high heat, add a few tbsp of oil. When hot, add the tofu and pan fry until golden (about 8 minutes). Set aside to cool slightly.
- To a food processor, add the pesto avocado cream ingredients and blend until creamy.
- To assemble the wraps, spread some pesto avocado cream on the wrap. Add some kale, red onion and tofu. Wrap it up and serve immediately or pack for lunch. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes